Get ready for spectacular mountain scenery on a tour reaching new heights. We ride on Austria’s highest Mountain cable car to its highest coffee shop, visit the Tyrol’s charming capital, Innsbruck, have a sparkling time at the Swarovski Crystal World and take a leisurely carriage ride amongst alpine villages.
Day 1 Begin our Journey
We leave the Travel Centre in the early morning and make our way to Dover for the ferry to Calais and onward journey to the first hotel in the Saarbrücken area.
Day 2 Austrian Tyrol
A morning departure for the journey to the lovely Alpine scenery of the Austrian Tyrol and our hotel in the little village of Terranz
Day 3 Austria’s Glacier Express and Highest Mountain cable car
Our mountain adventure starts on the Pitztal Glacier Express which whisks us up to Austria’s highest mountain cable car, the Wildspitzbahn. From the heady heights of 3,440 metres we find Austria’s highest coffee shop! From here, enjoy the spectacular panoramic views of the snow-capped peaks in a Glacial area considered to be one of the most beautiful in the world.
Day 4 Innsbruck and Swarovski Crystal World
A visit to the Austrian Tyrol’s picture postcard capital of Innsbruck where we have a guided walking tour. Look out for the Golden Roof in the medieval old town, as well as the Grand Hapsburg Palace.
A sparkling treat is in store in the afternoon as we visit Swarovski Crystal World.
Day 5 Horse-drawn Carriage ride
We visit the nearby small town of Imst today, situated at the foot of the Lechtal alps. Here we take an enchanting horse drawn carriage ride through the delightful wintry landscape of the valley with a warming mulled wine to enjoy!
Back in Tarrenz, the 700-year-old Starkenberg Castle, offers us a brewery tour which will show us how they blend the history of beer brewing with the modern technology of today’s process.
Day 6 St Anton
This morning, we visit the well-preserved old town of Feldkirch. Located at the foot of wooded mountains, vineyards and a castle-crowned hill, its medieval lanes, home to towers and pastel coloured houses, are a joy to explore. In the afternoon, we head for the charming and famous ski resort of St Anton, where we will be met with genuine Tyrolean hospitality and spectacular scenery.
Day 7 Farewell Austria and on to Saarbrücken
An early morning departure from Austria and travel to our hotel in the Saarbrücken area
Day 8 Return journey
We continue the return journey, taking the ferry from Calais to Dover and onward to the Travel Centre for arrival in the late evening
The Zum Lamm Hotel
A comfortable 3 star traditional Tyrolean hotel in the little village of Tarrenz surrounded by Alpine scenery. There is a lounge, restaurant and bar. All rooms are Austrian Twin in style with en-suite facilities, hairdryer, TV and views of the mountains.
The hotel has a lift and the leisure facilities include a sauna and steam room.
Mercure Hotel Saarbrücken Süd
This 3 star Hotel is ideally located for our en-route hotel. Situated in Germany, close to the French border, the hotel has a restaurant and bar, whilst the en-suite rooms are air-conditioned with free WiFi, hairdryer, safe and TV.
- Roberts Gold Service
- 2 nights’ half board accommodation en route in Saarbrücken
- 5 nights’ half board accommodation in the Austrian Tyrol
- A journey on the Wildspitzbahn Mountain Gondola
- A guided walking tour of Innsbruck
- A visit to Swarovski Crystal World
- A visit to the Starkenberg Castle Brewery
- A horse drawn carriage ride
- Services of a Roberts Travel Group representative
- Free secure parking at our Travel Centre in Hugglescote
- Use of our staffed, travel centre in Hugglescote on the outward journey
- Executive coach travel with experienced tour driver
- Hotel accommodation, dinner & cooked breakfast throughout
- All excursions and entrances as described in the itinerary
- Door to Door home pick within our designated area
- Welcome reception at Hugglescote on the day of departure
- Return welcome from Roberts Holidays' staff
- Porterage at the hotel