See some of Cornwall’s most famed and beautiful villages, from the historic Boscastle to the foodie-friendly Padstow, with a stroll around charming Clovelly’s car-free cobbled streets, on this lovely south-west spring break.
We’ll also see some of Cornwall’s premier attractions with a visit to Tintagel Castle and Lanhydrock House & Garden.
- Executive coach travel throughout
- Roberts Gold Service
- 4 nights hotel accommodation, dinner and cooked breakfast throughout
- Services of a Roberts Travel Group Representative
- Visit to Clovelly
- Visit to Bude
- Entrance to Lanhydrock House & Gardens
- Visit to Boscastle
- Visit to Tintagel
- Visit to Padstow
- Tour escorted
- 4 star hotel
- Beautiful scenery
Bowood Park Hotel & Golf Club****
Nestled in the heart of North Cornwall, on the fringes of the glorious Cornish coastline, the hotel occupies 230 acres of rolling hills and woodland. It is an ideal base to explore the surrounding area.
All 31 bedrooms are en suite with tea/coffee making facilities and television. The bar area has comfy chairs with scenic views of the golf course. The hotel does not have a lift.
Single supplement: £120 on the first 7 single rooms available.
Monday: We depart the Travel Centre this morning and make our way to Cornwall with a stop en route, aiming to arrive at the hotel late afternoon.
Tuesday: This morning we head for the picturesque Clovelly. This charming fishing village, which overlooks Bideford Bay, has had no motorised vehicle access since 1920s; instead, we will encounter the resident donkeys and the sledges used for transportation while we wander the cobbled pedestrian streets. There are a couple of museums to see – Fisherman’s Cottage and Kingsley Museum – as well as the pretty Clovelly Court Gardens to admire. After lunch, we have free time in the seaside resort of Bude, with its wild coastline and gorgeous beaches.
Wednesday: Today we visit another quaint Cornish fishing village this morning with a visit to Boscastle. We will have time to explore the historic harbour, which more than 100 years ago, was the only feasible place for a harbour along 40 miles of Cornwall’s craggy north coast. In the afternoon, we have free time in Tintagel, where the renowned Tintagel Castle, which is entwined with the legend of King Arthur, is situated. Please note that visiting Tintagel Castle itself is not advised for any passengers with limited mobility.
Thursday: This morning we make our way to the magnificent Lanhydrock House & Garden. We get to grips with the two sides of Victorian life, from the kitchens, nurseries, and servants’ quarters, to the luxurious family areas, featuring an elegant dining room and spacious bedrooms. Outside, we amble around the extensive gardens. After time for lunch, we move to Padstow for the afternoon to roam around the charming fishing port and famous foodie destination.
Friday: We bid a fond farewell to the hotel staff as we head back to Hugglescote today, arriving back at the Travel Centre later this afternoon.
- (00:00) Hugglescote Roberts depot The Limes
- Midland Road
- (00:00) Leicester St Margaret's Bus Station
- Stand SA
- New Road
- (00:00) Pick Up Home Address
Our Gold Holidays Include:
- Porterage at the hotel
- Door to Door home pick-up within our designated area
- Free secure parking at our Travel Centre in Hugglescote
- Use of our rest facilities and tea & coffee drinks service available at our staffed Travel Centre on the outward journey
- Executive coach travel throughout and free reserved seating for our customers
- All excursions and entrances as described in the itinerary
- Welcome reception at Hugglescote on the day of departure
- Return welcome from Roberts Holidays' staff