Get in the Christmas spirit on this pre festive break in Torquay, featuring a journey on the festive illuminated train decorated with thousands of lights, both inside and out. Be propelled through the 450-metre Greenway tunnel that leads you to the enchanted forest which will be transformed by a multitude of lights and feature displays. The stunning show ends as you leave the forest only to be greeted by the twinkling lights of Dartmouth reflected on the river Dart.
- Turkey & Tinsel programme at the hotel (subject to change)
- Welcome tea/coffee and biscuits
- drinks reception on first evening
- Visit from Santa with gift
- Afternoon quiz with tea/coffee on one day
- Visit to Exeter for the Cathedral Christmas Market
- Journey on the Trains of Lights from Paignton
- Visit to Newton Abbott & Buckfast Abbey
- Free time in Torquay
Daddyhole Road, Torquay
This hotel is set in on one of the most scenic areas of Torbay and is renowned for its friendly atmosphere and professional staff. All bedrooms are en suite with tea/coffee making facilities, a television, telephone and hair dryer. Although the hotel is situated one mile from Torquay there is a daily taxis service to the harbour, returning in the afternoon.
Monday: We depart the Travel Centre this morning and make our way to Torquay with a stop en route. We aim to arrive at the hotel late afternoon.
Tuesday: Today we head for Exeter Cathedral Christmas Market. Featuring a selection of crafts, fresh food and a bustling atmosphere helped by delicious food stalls and Bavarian-style bars, Exeter Cathedral Christmas Market is inspired by German Christmas markets. With traditional wooden chalets.
Wednesday: Today, we will make our way into the centre of Torquay, picking back up just after lunch, in time for you to freshen up before we journey to Paignton to catch the ‘Trains of Lights’.
Thursday: This morning we head for Newton Abbott, with a visit to Buckfast Abbey.
Friday: We bid a fond farewell to the hotel staff as we head back this morning to Hugglescote, arriving back late afternoon.
- (00:00) Leicester St Margaret's Bus Station
- Stand SA
- New Road
- (00:00) Pick Up Home Address
- (10:15) Hugglescote Roberts depot The Limes
- Midland Road
Our Gold Holidays Include:
- Porterage at the hotel
- Door to Door home pick-up within our designated area
- Free secure parking at our Travel Centre in Hugglescote
- Use of our rest facilities and tea & coffee drinks service available at our staffed Travel Centre on the outward journey
- Executive coach travel throughout and free reserved seating for our customers
- All excursions and entrances as described in the itinerary
- Welcome reception at Hugglescote on the day of departure
- Return welcome from Roberts Holidays' staff