A profusion of springtime colour as we visit the world renowned, spectacular gardens of Keukenhof in Holland and the country’s sparkling, vibrant capital; Amsterdam.
Tip-toe through the tulips and be prepared for a feast on the senses as Keukenhof comes alive with the colour and scent of the blooms.
In Amsterdam we have arranged a canal cruise to introduce this intriguing city. See the Gabled narrow houses and discover the rich culture and history of this former fishing village!
Day 1 Travel to Netherlands
Depart early morning from the travel centre to Dover for the ferry crossing to Calais and onward journey to our hotel in Holland
On arrival at our hotel, dinner will be served.
Day 2 Keukenhof Gardens
After breakfast we set of for our visit to Keukenhof Gardens – surely the most famous springtime gardens in the world.
The gardens are only open for 8 weeks every year and this is your chance to wander amongst the riot of colour and see the beautiful displays and patterns of spring bulb flowers. Take your cameras for some truly colourful pictures as 7 million flower bulbs bloom over 32 hectares, the park is awash with the sight and scent of blossoming flowers.
Day 3 Amsterdam
Today, after breakfast we visit Holland’s unique and vibrant capital.
No visit to Amsterdam is complete without a canal cruise!…this is most relaxing way to explore the charming watery streets and discover the stories behind the tall canal side houses . A one-hour cruise is included. We have some free time to explore the city which has so much to offer …Watch out for the bikes, its estimated there are more bikes in Amsterdam than permanent residents!
Day 4 Return journey
After breakfast we say farewell to Holland for our journey home, travelling through Holland, Belgium and France before taking the ferry from Calais to Dover and continuing to The Roberts Travel Centre where we expect to arrive in the late evening.
Van der Valk Hotel Leusden-Amersfoort – 4 star
Situated near Amersfoort, this modern hotel has a lovely restaurant and lounge/ bar.
The spacious rooms are en-suite with bath and shower. Each room has a TV, Telephone and safe as well as a balcony or terrace. There is free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel.
Breakfast is a hot buffet and the evening meal is 3 courses with a set menu.
- Roberts Gold Service
- Return ferry from Dover to Calais
- 3 nights’ Half board accommodation
- Visit to Keukenhof Gardens
- Visit to Amsterdam
- A Canal Cruise in Amsterdam
- Services of a Roberts Travel Group representative
- Free secure parking at our Travel Centre in Hugglescote
- Use of our staffed, travel centre in Hugglescote on the outward journey
- Executive coach travel with experienced tour driver
- Hotel accommodation, dinner & cooked breakfast throughout
- All excursions and entrances as described in the itinerary
- Door to Door home pick within our designated area
- Welcome reception at Hugglescote on the day of departure
- Return welcome from Roberts Holidays' staff
- Porterage at the hotel