This special event, now passed its 30th year, is a special event in Somerset’s calendar. For one weekend every December this remarkable preserved medieval village turns its back on the present and lights its streets with candles.
With a lantern lighting procession, colourful stilt walkers in fantastic costumes, carol singers, morris dancers, hand bell ringers and more, delightful Dunster by Candlelight is a traditional festive celebration!
- 1 nights dinner at the hotel
- A visit to Dunster for the Christmas Market
- Bath Christmas Market
- 2 course lunch at the hotel on Saturday
- Free use of the hotels leisure facilities
Best Western Tiverton Hotel***
This modern hotel is set within its own grounds and is in a pleasant area just outside the centre of the market town of Tiverton. All 69 bedrooms are en suite with tea/coffee making facilities and television. Although the hotel doesn’t have a lift, there are plenty of ground floor rooms.
Friday: We depart Hugglescote this morning and make our way to Taunton, stopping for a break en route, before arriving at the hotel late afternoon.
Saturday: This morning we venture into Taunton to visit the market & shops, before we return to the hotel for a 2-course lunch. In the afternoon we travel to Minehead to catch the shuttle bus to the village of Dunster.
Sunday: We bid a fond farewell to the hotel this morning and make our way to Bath for the truly fantastic festive Christmas Market. Each year the centre of Bath is transformed into a magical Christmas shopper's paradise, as over 170 chalets packed full of gorgeous Christmas gifts line the streets surrounding the Roman Baths and Bath Abbey.
- (00:00) Ashby Market Street
- Outside the Lamb Inn
- (00:00) Leicester St Margaret's Bus Station
- Stand SA
- New Road
- (00:00) Swadlincote Bus Station
- Civic Way Bus Station
- Civic Way
- (09:30) Hugglescote Roberts depot The Limes
- Midland Road
Roberts Silver Service
- Free secure parking at our Travel Centre in Hugglescote
- Use of our rest facilities and tea & coffee drinks service available at our staffed Travel Centre on the outward journey
- Executive coach travel throughout and free reserved seating for our customers
- All excursions and entrances as described in the itinerary
- Welcome reception at Hugglescote on the day of departure