Whitby is a picturesque seaside town situated on the Yorkshire Coast with quaint streets leading to the harbour which are now filled with curios, antiques and small gift shops.
- Visit to Bridlington
- Entrance to Rievaulx Abbey
- Visit to Helmsley
- Free day in Whitby
The Saxonville Hotel***
Ladysmith Avenue, Whitby
The hotel is well situated on Whitby’s West Cliff, just a few minutes stroll from the narrow streets and winding alleyways of this delightful, historic town. The seafront is a flat walk, although not to the town itself. All bedrooms are en suite with tea/coffee making facilities, television and hairdryer. The hotel does not have a lift.
Monday: We depart the Travel Centre this morning and make our way to Whitby with a stop en route.
Tuesday: Today we visit Bridlington, with its award-winning promenades and historic harbour.
Wednesday: This morning we visit Rievaulx Abbey, the most extensive monastic remains in Britain. Rievaulx was once one of the wealthiest monasteries in medieval England and the first northern Cistercian abbey which grew to house a 650-strong community. After, we visit Helmsley, the only market town in the North York Moors National Park.
Thursday: Today is your free day to explore Whitby as you choose.
Friday: We bid a fond farewell to the hotel staff as we head back this morning to Hugglescote.
- (10:15) Hugglescote Roberts depot The Limes
- Midland Road
Our Gold Holidays Include:
- Porterage at the hotel
- Door to Door home pick-up within our designated area
- Free secure parking at our Travel Centre in Hugglescote
- Use of our rest facilities and tea & coffee drinks service available at our staffed Travel Centre on the outward journey
- Executive coach travel throughout and free reserved seating for our customers
- All excursions and entrances as described in the itinerary
- Welcome reception at Hugglescote on the day of departure
- Return welcome from Roberts Holidays' staff