You don’t have to be a rail enthusiast to enjoy the wonderful scenery of Devon & Cornwall from a different viewpoint on a train.
The Looe Valley Line links the bustling market town of Liskeard with the picturesque fishing port of Looe. The journey is full of beautiful views out of the train window. Heavily wooded valleys teaming with wildlife open to glorious estuary views as the river meets the sea. Bird watchers will love this line as, especially at low tide, the river is full of wading birds such as Little egrets, Grey herons, Oystercatchers and Curlews.
Leaving the city of Plymouth behind you as you travel out on the Tamar Valley Line, you quickly become immersed in the views of the beautiful area, rolling green fields with cows and sheep peacefully grazing, sleepy villages and beautiful river crossings.
- Ride on the Paignton & Dartmouth Steam Railway
- River Dart ride from Dartmouth to Totnes
- Ride on the Tamar Valley Line from Plymouth to Gunnislake
- Ride on the Looe Valley Line to Liskeard
- Free time in Looe
- Free time in Tavistock
- Free time in St Austell
Moorland Garden Hotel****
Yeoland Down, Yelverton
The hotel is located on the edge of Dartmoor National Park, nestling in nine acres of picturesque and tranquil moorland garden. The hotel doesn’t have a lift and there around 20 stairs to the first floor, although there are some ground floor rooms available.
Monday: We depart the Travel Centre this morning and make our way to Yelverton with a stop en route. We aim to arrive at the hotel late afternoon.
Tuesday: We Travel to Paignton for a ride on the Paignton and Dartmouth Steam Railway to Kingswear. From here, we take the ferry over the Dart to the ‘olde worlde’ port of Dartmouth with time available before boarding a river boat for a ride up the scenic River Dart to Totnes.
Wednesday: This morning we board our coach and make our way to Plymouth Station where we board the train for a beautiful journey up the beautiful Tamar Estuary to Gunnislake. Here our driver will meet us where we continue to Tavistock for free time.
Thursday: Today we head for Looe, a busy fishing port, for some free time before we board the train for a pretty journey up the Looe Valley line to Liskeard. We will then head to St Austell where you can enjoy exploring this bustling market town.
Friday: We bid a fond farewell to the hotel staff as we head back this morning to Hugglescote, arriving back late afternoon.
- (08:00) Hugglescote Roberts depot The Limes
- Midland Road
Our Gold Holidays Include:
- Porterage at the hotel
- Door to Door home pick-up within our designated area
- Free secure parking at our Travel Centre in Hugglescote
- Use of our rest facilities and tea & coffee drinks service available at our staffed Travel Centre on the outward journey
- Executive coach travel throughout and free reserved seating for our customers
- All excursions and entrances as described in the itinerary
- Welcome reception at Hugglescote on the day of departure
- Return welcome from Roberts Holidays' staff