Cardigan, West Wales, is the gateway to the Teifi Valley and the Ceredigion Coastal Path. The ancient town sits on the estuary of the River Teifi at the base of Cardigan Bay. Its unspoilt townscape and rich heritage provide a nostalgic backdrop to a thriving culture of arts and crafts, events and music festivals, and is a good base from which to discover Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire and Carmarthenshire.
- New Quay boat trip
- Visit to Aberystwyth
- Journey on the Gwili Steam Railway
- Free time in Cardigan
- Free time in Carmarthen
- Free use of the hotel’s leisure facilities
The Cliff Hotel & Spa***
Gwbert Road, Cardigan
The hotel is set in 30 acres of headland overlooking beautiful Cardigan Bay in South West Wales. Its coastal location offers spectacular views of the sea, river estuary and Cardigan Island. All bedrooms are en suite with tea/coffee making facilities, television and hair dryer. There is also a quiet lounge, conservatory, two bars, swimming pool and spa bath. The hotel does have a lift although not to all rooms.
Monday: We depart the Travel Centre this morning and make our way to Wales with a stop for lunch. We aim to arrive at the hotel late afternoon.
Tuesday: This morning we take a boat trip along the Cardigan Bay Marine Heritage Coast. The coastal waters are home to an abundance of fascinating marine life including one of only two resident populations of Bottlenose Dolphins in the UK - 250 identified in Cardigan Bay. The afternoon can be spent at leisure in Cardigan.
Wednesday: Today we visit Aberystwyth, the major town and holiday resort on the west coast of Wales.
Thursday: Today we take a ride on the Gwili Steam Railway. This Railway is one of the UK's most picturesque preserved lines. Set in beautiful countryside with abundant wildlife, the line follows the River Gwili on a steady uphill journey through farmland and wooded hillsides. This afternoon, we spend time in Carmarthen.
Friday: We bid a fond farewell to the hotel staff as we head back to Hugglescote this morning, arriving back late afternoon.
- (08:00) Hugglescote Roberts depot The Limes
- Midland Road
Our Gold Holidays Include:
- Porterage at the hotel
- Door to Door home pick-up within our designated area
- Free secure parking at our Travel Centre in Hugglescote
- Use of our rest facilities and tea & coffee drinks service available at our staffed Travel Centre on the outward journey
- Executive coach travel throughout and free reserved seating for our customers
- All excursions and entrances as described in the itinerary
- Welcome reception at Hugglescote on the day of departure
- Return welcome from Roberts Holidays' staff