This lovely tour sees us combine visits to both the gorgeous countryside and unique towns of Norfolk with trips on the wonderful heritage railways in the area. We leave behind the hustle, bustle and stress of everyday living as we enjoy these nostalgic train rides from a lost era of steam travel. We will be based in the traditional seaside resort of Cromer, known for its tasty Cromer Crabs.
- Journey on the North Norfolk Railway
- Journey on the Bittern Line
- Journey on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- Journey on the Bure Valley Railway
- Free time in Wroxham
- Southern Comfort Mississippi Paddle Boat
The Cliftonville Hotel***
The hotel, located on the West Cliff, has established an enviable reputation as one of North Norfolk's leading hotels has stunning coastal views and is just a 10-minute walk from the town centre. All 30 bedrooms are en suite with tea/coffee making facilities. All rooms have either side or front sea views.
Executive rooms available on request at a supplement of £25 per person per night.
Monday: We depart the Travel Centre this morning and make our way to Cromer with a stop en route.
Tuesday: Today we journey first on the North Norfolk Railway (The Poppy Line) from Holt to Sheringham. Enjoy the scenic countryside of North Norfolk along with sea views, supplemented by the National Trust area of Sheringham Park, through Kelling heath and woodland.
After, we ride on the Bittern Line from Sheringham to Norwich. It is considered to be one of the most scenic railways in Great Britain.
Wednesday: This morning we board the coach and head for the market town of Wymondham where we journey through 11 miles of unspoilt countryside on the Mid Norfolk Railway to Dereham.
Thursday: Today we head for the historic market town of Aylsham as we experience the magic of steam through nine miles of Norfolk countryside on the Bure Valley Railway to Wroxham. After some free time here, we travel to Horning to board the Southern Comfort Mississippi Paddle Boat.
Friday: We bid a fond farewell to the hotel staff as we head back to Hugglescote.
- (08:55) Melton Mowbray Wilton Rd Wilton Road Bus Station
- Melton Mowbray
- (10:15) Hugglescote Roberts depot The Limes
- Midland Road
Our Gold Holidays Include:
- Porterage at the hotel
- Door to Door home pick-up within our designated area
- Free secure parking at our Travel Centre in Hugglescote
- Use of our rest facilities and tea & coffee drinks service available at our staffed Travel Centre on the outward journey
- Executive coach travel throughout and free reserved seating for our customers
- All excursions and entrances as described in the itinerary
- Welcome reception at Hugglescote on the day of departure
- Return welcome from Roberts Holidays' staff