Explore one of the most beautiful parts of Wales on some of the most scenic vintage railway journeys in Great Britain.
On the Snowdonia Mountain Railway, we take a journey to ‘the rooftop of Wales’ and, weather permitting, we will have spectacular views.
Sit back and relax as we enjoy the 13.5-mile journey on the Ffestiniog Railway with dramatic views of mountains, lakes and waterfalls around every corner. The track climbs 700ft from sea level as we journey towards the slate quarrying town of Blaenau Ffestiniog.
- Executive coach travel throughout
- Roberts Platinum Service
- 4 nights hotel accommodation, dinner and cooked breakfast throughout
- Services of a Roberts Travel Group Representative
- Glass of wine with dinner on the last night
- Return Great Orme Tramway Ride
- Free time in Llandudno
- Return journey on the Snowdon Mountain Railway
- Return journey on the Llanberis Lake Railway
- Journey on the Ffestiniog Railway, Porthmadog to Blaenau Ffestiniog
- Free time in Betws-y-Coed
The Royal Victoria Hotel***
The hotel is uniquely located close to Llanberis at the foot of Snowdon, within 30 acres of its own gardens and woodlands.
All 104 bedrooms are en suite with tea/coffee making facilities, television and telephone. The hotel has a lift to all floors.
No single supplement on the first 5 single rooms available.
Monday: We depart the Travel Centre this morning and make our way to Wales with a stop en route, aiming to arrive at the hotel late afternoon.
Tuesday: Today, we enjoy a lovely drive via Colwyn Bay to the ‘Queen of Welsh resorts’, Llandudno. Included is a ride to the top of the Great Orme on the beautifully restored tram which climbs 1500m, stopping at the Halfway Station to visit the exhibition about this fascinating funicular. From the summit, there are outstanding views across Anglesey and the peak of Snowdonia.
Wednesday: This morning we take a ride on the Snowdonia Mountain Railway, at 3,560ft Mount Snowdon is the highest mountain in England and Wales. In the afternoon, we take a ride on the Llanberis Lake Railway, a narrow-gauge railway which follows the shores of the lakes.
Thursday: Today we travel through the spectacular scenery of Snowdonia National park as we make our way to the seaside town of Porthmadog, via the pretty village of Beddgelert, to board a train on the Ffestiniog Railway. After arriving in Blaenau Ffestiniog, we travel by coach to the pretty village of Betws-y-Coed where we make a short stop before continuing to the hotel.
Friday: We bid a fond farewell to the hotel staff as we head back to Hugglescote today, arriving back at the Travel Centre late afternoon.
- (00:00) Hugglescote Roberts depot The Limes
- Midland Road
- (00:00) Leicester St Margaret's Bus Station
- Stand SA
- New Road
- (00:00) Pick Up Home Address
Roberts Platinum Service
- Welcome Platinum pack, to include: Tissues, sweet biscuits, sweets, and savoury biscuits
- Welcome Platinum reception to our Hugglescote Travel centre upon arrival with a complimentary glass of Bucks Fizz
- Services of a Roberts Travel Group Representative or Tour Manager
- Selection of complimentary magazines on the coach
- Free soft drinks and water available on the coach where reasonable time allows*
- Free hot drinks and alcohol served when time allows, as described in the itinerary*
- Surprise extra on the itinerary
- Roberts souvenir to keep
- Free secure parking at our Travel Centre in Hugglescote
- Use of our rest facilities and tea & coffee drinks service available at our staffed Travel Centre on the outward journey
- Executive coach travel throughout and free reserved seating for our customers
- All excursions and entrances as described in the itinerary
- Welcome reception at Hugglescote on the day of departure
- Return welcome from Roberts Holidays' staff
- Porterage at the hotel
- Door to Door home pick-up within our designated area