More than 140 visiting vehicles will converge on Beamish Museum for the incredibly popular Great North Steam Fair.
See an amazing array of pre-1930 steam and motor transport – from locomotives, traction engines and steam rollers to fire engines, cars and motorbikes – in action across the museum.
- Executive coach travel throughout
- Roberts Silver Service
- 2 nights hotel accommodation, dinner and cooked breakfast
- Visit to Head of Steam in Darlington
- Free time in Newcastle
- Entrance to the Great North Steam Fair at Beamish
- Free time in York
- National Railway Museum
Sandman Signature Hotel****
The hotel sits in the city centre of Newcastle, surrounded by key attractions, Once home to the former Scottish & Newcastle Brewery, the building in which the hotel stands has played a significant role in Newcastle’s history.
All rooms are en suite with tea/coffee making facilities, television and safe.
Single room supplement: £60
Friday: We leave the Midlands and head for Darlington where we visit the Head of Steam -Darlington Railway Museum, located in North Road Station on the 1825 route of the Stockton & Darlington Railway, the world's first steam-worked public railway.
Imagine stepping back in time to Victorian Darlington, the town that became known as the Birthplace of the Railways. Venture into our original 1840’s railway station where time has stood still for over one hundred and fifty years. Discover our Booking Office with its original Victorian interior. Explore our platform that still has its original footbridge, waiting room, newspaper kiosk and Victorian toilets. Follow the history of Darlington and the growth of the Railways through our permanent exhibitions and interactives. After, there will be some free time in Newcastle, before checking into the hotel.
Saturday: This morning we head for Beamish where we spend the whole day at the Great North Steam Fair.
Sunday: We bid the hotel a farewell and head for York for some free time with the chance to visit the National Railway Museum.
- (08:15) Leicester St Margaret's Bus Station
- Stand SA
- New Road
- (09:00) Hugglescote Roberts depot The Limes
- Midland Road
Roberts Silver Service
- Free secure parking at our Travel Centre in Hugglescote
- Use of our rest facilities and tea & coffee drinks service available at our staffed Travel Centre on the outward journey
- Executive coach travel throughout and free reserved seating for our customers
- All excursions and entrances as described in the itinerary
- Welcome reception at Hugglescote on the day of departure